Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Unintended Treasures Inside the Cave

Last week, some friends and I went to a nearby cave. It was beautiful, but also ripe with Chinglish. Enjoy!

I'm guessing that this one means "Don't Touch", but who knows...


This was on a garbage can. I'm trying to remember if I've ever heard a trashcan referred to as a dustbin before. It sounds vaguely familiar, but I still love the capitalization of DUStbin.


No walking, perhaps? It almost looks like a guy skateboarding.


Maybe this one isn't that funny, but "Down Steps" just caught me as odd.


Okay, so my photography skills are pretty bad inside a cave. But I did get the best part. Not only does "Don't Turn Over" not make sense, but the person printing the sign accidentally read it as "Don't tumover". Non-English speaking sign makers are the creators of some of the best Chinglish.


I think this one takes the cake. At least the others made sense. If I knew how to stop walting, believe me, I would.

No comments: