Thursday, May 17, 2007

Poor, Beautiful Moths (Pt. 2)

Have you ever had to kill something beautiful? Or maybe you've hit a raccoon with your car, but only got it's leg and had to back over it again to put it out of it's misery.

Perhaps I'm being over dramatic, but it keeps happening. Every night, hundreds of bugs somehow weasel their way into my apartment. Included in this swarm of bugs are enormous moths. They're so big, I really have no idea how they sneak in with my windows closed. Because of their size, their wings constantly flap loudly against the ceilings, walls, or my face while I'm trying to sleep. I've tried, but I just cant fall asleep with these four-inch monsters swarming around my room.

The problem is, some of these moths are really quite a creation. It's just so hard to splatter something so beautiful all over the ceiling. Nevertheless, it's one of those unpleasantnesses that must be done. Check out this poor sucker:

Rest in peace, my love.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow. I can't imagine how those things get in, either... surreal. That one reminds me of the luna moth from the old Dr. Doolittle film....
~A

steve pepple said...

How big was it? its hard to tell from the picture.

dave said...

Did it try to eat you?

Simon Lesser said...

It was a good 3 to 3.5 inches in wingspan. Dave, since we're in China, I think the more pertinent question here is did anyone try to eat it?