Monday, April 20, 2009

Fragrant Spring Onion Sauce Explodes Cow Son

It's no secret that I absolutely love collecting photos of amazingly mistranslated English signs and menus I've ran across here. It's a bit like a scavenger hunt across the whole country.

I've recently come across a site online that has posted the end-all be-all of Chinglish menus. It's over. There's almost no point in continuing...this one is just too perfect. It really has it all.

The best part is that after looking at the Chinese, I really have no clue how most of these translations happened - I can't imagine a computer program or human being ever translating certain characters in this way.

Some favorites:

Good to Eat Mountain
The Farmer is Small to Fry King
Slippery Meat in King's Vegetables in Pillar
A West Bean Pays the Fish a Soup
Add a Peaceful
Cowboy Leg Beautiful Pole
Double-boiled Forest Frog Plaster w/Coconut Juice
Every Form Rape

and last, but definitely not least:

Fuck the Salt (Beautiful Pole) Duck Chin

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I think my favourite is "Double-boiled Forest Frog Plaster w/Coconut Juice." Hilarious.

And "Pork and Fuck the Bean Curd" still pops into my head occasionally. Unforgettable.